From: Ira Childress [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 10:50 AM
To: 'Delao, Darryl W '; '[EMAIL PROTECTED] '
Subject: RE: Apache Help

Did you try setting the MaxClients in the httpd.conf file:
# Limit on total number of servers running, i.e., limit on the number
# of clients who can simultaneously connect --- if this limit is ever
# reached, clients will be LOCKED OUT, so it should NOT BE SET TOO LOW.
# It is intended mainly as a brake to keep a runaway server from taking
# the system with it as it spirals down...
#
MaxClients 150

There's no mention in the conf file about 255 being the limit, so I don't
know if setting this to 1000 is a problem or not.