Irvine,

Em Seg, 2002-12-09 ąs 09:10, Irvine Russell escreveu:
> Have read the linux CD-Writing HOWTO. I have pasted some of it below:
>
>    http://wt.xpilot.org/publications/linux/howtos/cd-writing/html/CD-Writing-2.html

Yes I've read. And I could write CDs normally. Even after boot. I'm
having problems only with the link /dev/cdrom, which doesn't affect
cdrecord. In the same document you've mentioned, it's written just
bellow your paste:

"If your CD-writer is the only CD-ROM attached to your machine, then
remember you have to access the CD-ROM in the writer through the device
file /dev/scd× where ×=0,..,8. You may want to change the symbolic name
cdrom to point to the new device file name. The listing below shows the
command to achieve this with the example scd0.

cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom"

That's my problem! I can change the link /dev/cdrom to /dev/scd0 but at
boot, it gets back to /dev/hdd, which is not used anymore.

Thanks again,
Joao.