Hi,

I saw dmesg a lot of messages like : "TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer ip:4897/3128
shrinks window 3238709586:3238716886. Repaired."
messages with different IP addresses, client IP

This is a proxy server, RH 8.0 kernel 2.4.18-18.8.0  with squid -2.4.STABLE7-4
I don' t know exactly what those lines mean ... on the net I found an
explanation but it 's quite confuse for me ..

>1) An "old" (read "broken") TCP stack on the receiver. The original
>RFC (793 IIRC) allowed this behavior -- RFC 1122 (?) corrected this by
>prohibiting the RECEIVER from
>doing this.
>

>2) Some mobile HTTP clients which, in order to get only the first
>portion of an HTTP document, purposely(!!!) set a small initial window
>size and don't allow it to move (until/if the user requests "more" of
>the document, at which time they send ACK, thus reopening the window).
>

>Presumably, it COULD be some lame attempt at a DOS attack; since you saw
>it only twice, I would say the chance of it being 1) or 2) is
>extremely close to 100%.
>

>Above quoted from www.google.com
>

>Stephen Hauskins
>Academic Computing Group
>Natural Sciences Division

or just a problem with TCP stack, I not sure of that ..
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

fabrice