There are many available.  My currect favorite is openoffice
(http://openoffice.org).  The KDE guys have one called koffice which isn't
bad (http://koffice.org).  I've used StarOffice in the past but personally I
didn't like that desktop feel it gave.  I just wanted an office suite not a
new desktop to work with :D

I'm sure there are others.  Those are the ones I'm most familiar with.  Did
I mention my favorite was openoffice ;D

Oh, and if you REALLY need MS OFFICE on your linux system then check out
crossover office.  I've been using it for a month and love it.  For those
rare occasions I need to pull email from our exchange server.  Wish they
would upgrade it to exchange 2000.  I'd start using evolution and bad
windows apps entirely.

Regards

___
hi,

I was looking out for a s/w that can open all the microsoft office
application files like word, powerpoints, excel etc. At the moment I have
Kword etc, but they dont work well and most of the times the files wont
open.
Are there any suggestion for a s/w ?

Thanks,
Rahul.