Hello All,

I am doing a couple of things. I am trying to network three computers 1 MAC/1 Linux/1 PC, with the Linux box being the gateway to the Internet. My roommate's MAC is currently hooked up and working with the Internet connection. I figured that since it was using DHCP it would be as simple as copying the necessary settings and clicking DHCP in linuxconf and !poof!(minus the IP Masq'ing and firewall) the internet service would work. I copied the settings that I saw - Routing ip, subnet mask, and the computer name.

Well as you can surmise by me writing this email that is was not as easy as I had originally thought. I am using RH 7.2. I do not know the kernel version off-hand. After doing what I thought had to be done(changing the mentioned settings and clicking DHCP) I rebooted. Everything comes up except eth1(the nic using DHCP). It just hangs there. I changed it back to using a static IP and it came up just fine. I know that the NIC work along with the Internet connection, because both have been tested. With DHCP, the IP and DNS servers fill in automatically right? That's atleast the impression of DHCP that I have.

Are there steps that I have forgotten? What could I be doing wrong? Is there any good documentation that would help me troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance!!

Mike
-----
Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

For the real Christ mas story read Luke 1-2.