based on what i know, the default kernel of 8.0 doesn't have ntfs support enabled.that means you'll still have to recompile the kernel to have ntfs support. Though, you can check out this site:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/redhat.html

you no longer need to recompile the kernel to have ntfs support ;)

hope this helps.