It was my bad. But another Linux learning
experience!!!

I'm not too familiar with modules, but I had to use
modprobe to get those suckers loaded again, and yes
you are right, then I modified /etc/rc.d/rclocal with
those lines and they are added automatically each time
I reboot.

thanks for the help

-Chris

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 19:12, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> how are you loading the modules?  If your using
insmod try modprobe
instead
> and see if that works.
>
> I don't use my zip250 that much so I just made an
alias called
zipload that
> does the module loading, I also got the iomega
software.

So you mean you have an entry in ~/.bashrc like
alias zipload='modprobe parport_pc; modprobe imm;'

Another possibility would be to add the modules to
/etc/modules.conf
or
/etc/rc.d/rc.local but I don't know the right syntax
for either
possibility...

About the iomega software, I never got it installed,
it's a binary
file
but I can't execute it, could you walk me through it?

p.s. I do know I have to load the module parport_pc
BEFORE the module
imm...

=====