On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 07:30, Nick Lindsell wrote:
> At 21:53 13/12/2002 +1100, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >How do I get XMMS working to play mpeg and other movie files.  When I
> >load it, and select a mpeg or something, it does not do anything.
> >
> >I have installed apt-get, and installed the MP3 support.  I know this
> >does not get mpeg going, but where do I get plugins for video in xmms.
> >
> >thanks Greg
>

> Xmms doesn't do video, imho. I believe it is for audio only
> (correct me if I'm wrong someone? )

<snip>

Consider yourself Corrected. As for the original poster, go to
www.xmms.com. They will have the files you need to install so you can
play MPG and MP3 files with XMMS in RedHat 8.0 (which I assume your
using since my own exp with RH 8.0 got me a similar problem). XMMS can
play just about any of the files Winamp can.