I have this old IBM PC Server 520 with 2 P133 CPU's. When the machine
boots, it says that it initializes the second CPU, so at least the
BIOS sees both CPU's.

I have now compiled my own kernel to get rid of the extra luggage, but
if I try to compile it with SMP support, my machine won't boot with
the new kernel.

I'm running RH 8.0.

When I boot the SMP kernel, this is what I get:

------------------
mtrr: detected mtrr type: none
CPU0: Intel Pentium 75-200 stepping 0c
enabling ExtINT on CPU#0
Leaving ESR disabled
Booting processor 1/1 eip 2000
APIC never delivered???
APIC deliver error (4).
Restoring NMT vector
CPU #1 Not responding - cannot use it
Booting processor 1/2 eip 2000
APIC never delivered???
APIC deliver error (4).
Restoring NMT vector
CPU #2 Not responding - cannot use it
Error: only one processor found
ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
BIOS bug IO-APIC#0 ID2 is already used!...
... fixing up to 4. (tell your hw vendor)
... changing IO-APIC physical APIC ID to 4 ... ok

Please help me out here, I really would like to utilize both CPU's,
but I'm totally stuck here.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]