I need to see if anyone knows what I need to do to get oracle 817 installed
on redhat 8.0  I have followed the instructions and have RedHat 8.0 set up
correctly but when I start the runInstaller I receive the following:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.
Please wait...

I have checked and I have a jre process running but nothing happens.  I have
waited a few hours and still nothing.  I have look through Oracle's site and
tried a few things that were suggested there but with not luck.

Roger L. Keslar

UNIX System Administrator
AON Innovative Solutions, Inc.