ahh yes, heh, how do i set my nisdomain (on the client and server side)?
domainname something
seems to do nothing...i.e. dnsdomainname returns nothing after exectuing
domainname.  i seem to remember some conf file somewhere in /etc where i
could set NISDOMAIN='something'.

thanks for the help,
christopher