Hello, everyone.

I've just installed Redhat 8.0, and I'm having a pretty annoying
problem with my console-based apps.  I'm not sure if it is a terminfo
problem, and ncurses problem, or what.

The problem is that the characters used to draw frames (lines, boxes,
etc) are all messed up.  The colors are also different.  E.g., I have
a ANSI sequences in my prompt to color it, and it was very visible
under Redhat 7.1, but under 8.0, I can hardly see it.  The "links" web
browser and "centericq" are two other apps that won't display properly
anymore.  I messed with the terminal options in links, but nothing
will work correctly anymore.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I copied /etc/termcap from my Redhat
7.1 box and used it in place of the rh 8 one, but it didn't help.

Anyone else having similar problems, or know of a solution?  I've
searched the web and newsgroups, but haven't found anything.

Many thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan