Have you look at the /var/log/messages file when you plug or unplug the devices?

When I plug a USB device I always look at the message file like that:

#tail -f /var/log/messages &

In that way, the USB subsystem will tell me the file on /dev that the system use for that device, of course if the USB subsystem recognize it.
Hope that help you.

En fecha Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:11:26 -0600