On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 17:17, Andy Elacion, Jr. wrote:
> Goody day.
>
> I set-up a firewall in our office, it has has 2 NIC.  I remove the daemon
> that I do not need, basically, it's a plain linux installation.
>
> The network configuration is, eth0 is facing internet and eth1 is facing
> secured network.  My question is this:
>
> How do I forward web packe to our secured web server from Fwall using
> ipchains?

Take a look at shorewall:

http://www.shorewall.net

No GUI required.  I run it on a small network here (less than 10 users)
on a Pentium 100 with 48MB RAM (Redhat 7.2) so we can all share a single
DSL connection.  Easy to setup (by editing text files in /etc/shorewall)
and works flawlessly.  Forwarding a particular port to another server is
a one line change.

However, that being said, you are about to commit a huge security snafu
(If I am understanding your setup).  Do not set up a web server inside
your network that is visible to the Internet.  Put the web server in a
DMZ.  If the web server gets hacked and it's on your internal network,
the intruder suddenly has an open route to every PC on your LAN.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)