I recently had to change my motherboard and purchased an EPOX athlon
nforce2 motherboard.  Everything on the motherboard seems to be
supported under linux except the /dev/agpgart device.  I'm currently
using redhat's 2.4.9-21 kernel. I've searched the web and cannot find
any information about what kernel will fully support the nforce2
chipset.  Does anyone here know what, if any, kernel will support the
agpgart device on nforce2 chipsets.  Is it on the experimental kernels?
Currently direct rendering doesn't work without support for the agpgart
device.
--
Carl D. Blake
Director of Engineering