It's very simple.Go to the network-scripts prompt and then you will have two options.
1)    ./ifup-ppp ifcfg-ppp0 &
2)    ifup ifcfg-ppp0 &
This works for me very fine.

-osama

Sean Willson wrote:

 Hello all,

I am having trouble getting the ipconfig scripts to work properly.  I am not sure if I am not using the right command line arguments or what but I keep getting the following error:

./ip-up: /var/run/ppp-.dev: Permission denied
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post: ifcfg-: No such file or directory
usage: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-routes <net-device>
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post: [: too many parameters

When I run i as root I get the above except for the first line.  I checked out the info on the redhat webiste reguarding ppp configuration and I am able to get the ppp to start as root with the following command:

ifup-ppp ifcfg-ppp0

I am probably missing something simple here but how do I encorporate this into the ip-up and ip-down scripts in /etc/ppp? I want to be able to execute these scripts as any user.  Can I just chmod u_s on the ip-up or ip-down (or ip-up.local and ip-down.local) scripts to do this? What are the command line args to these ip-* scripts to get them to work? ip-up ppp0 does not work nor does ip-up ifcfg-ppp0 .

NOTE - I have the ppp working fine and setup in the netcfg application in the contorl-panel.  I just want to launch it via the comand line instead of the GUI.

Any and all help would be appreciate.  Thanks....

Sean

Sean Willson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Graduate of University of Michigan College of Engineering