I am trying to set up a dial-in ppp server.  I have gotten to the point
where I can successfully dial-in and connect to my intranet.  However,
I cannot get windows to connect, presumably because I have commented
out the "auth" line in /ppp/options.  If I un-comment the auth line, I
cannot connect at all.  The log file tells me that mgetty failed with
the message "init chat failed, exiting ...: Invalid argument"

Can anybody suggest where to look for the invalid argument?

Thanks,

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
NerdWorld.net
(A Vorlon Information Technologies Company)