OK, it looks like someone else has already answered your question, but F.Y.I.
If you ever hang at bootup, and can't seem to get past it.  Next time you
boot, type in "linux single" or "linux 1" from your LILO prompt.  This allows
you to start up in Single User Mode, which should bypass everything but
critical processes.  Http, networking, etc.  Will not be started, allowing you
to boot and fix the problem.

Jason Hoffman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 6/5/98 11:06:07 AM Central Daylight Time,