Yes, I think your getting ahead of yourself.  The reason you can't configure
this is because the KERNEL is not seeing the device.  I have responded with
two e-mails under your previous posting "Re: Thanks for your help on redhat
ppp mailing list ".
I am currently using two of these cards, so I am familiar with what you need
to do.
Please take a look at my previous two postings.  I sent one of them yesterday,
and another one today.

Jason Hoffman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<

 Hi,
 I m hardly trying to get linux redhat 4.2 detecting my Linksys Ether PCI
 LAN II card..
 Someones told me that when Lilo boots (so, it s when it gives me the choice
 of booting my PC from dos or linux..), to enter ether=0,0,0,0=eth0..
 Well, the message says that theres no image for what I ve entered.
 That s normal, cause I just have Linux and dos as boot image.
 So, if I was using a Lilo boot diskette, I suppose, I should save on it
 certain files that is on my NIC driver. What would these files be..that s
 one of my questions.
 The problem is that I do not have a Linux driver for my Linksys Ether PCI
 LAN II card..(just dos driver). So, if someone knows where I can get this
 driver, pls let me know.
 As for now, I went in network configurator by X windows, did added a new
 interface as Ethernet, manually entered TCP/IP instead of proposed DHCP and
 BOOTP(that s ok?), assigned an IP to my NIC, and I ve clicked on ACTIVATE.
 I guess that s not what I should do, cause when I do ifconfig eth0, it says
 : NO SUCH DEVICE.

 Thanks so much for consideration and time

 Amanda C
 School for Education and
 Technology.
 Dpt of Computers