    Gary> What type of modem? The settings could be as simple as setting an S
    Gary> register to a correct value, an USR, or bringing up an internal
    Gary> configuration program, an Adtran XRT. So first of all you need to
    Gary> explain what type of modem.

Since you seem knowlegeable about these things, what do I need to do get my
ADTRAN XRT up and running with Linux?  It works fine and dandy with WinNT and
Win95 but I don;t know where to begin to use it for Linux.  I do have PPP up
and running correctly using an analog modem so that is not the issue. I've also
recompiled the kernel to activate ISDN but I don't know where to go from here.

Thanx!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com