Hi,

I am a Linux newbie having problems using ISDN.  I have RedHat 5.0, dual
booting on a separate partition of 1 gig.  All RPMs seemed to be installed.

Under Win95 I use a Racal Extol BRI Terminal Adapter (in association with
Acotec ISDN for Windows).  As I believe Linux automatically supports ISDN
with TA - interpreting as a simple modem - I guess I do not need any
additional software loaded.

However, I get no response from "ping" or ATDT calls to my own number -
which is on a separate line.  One confusion is the identity of the serial
ports used under Win95.  The TA1 is shown as COM5 and TA2 as COM6.  I
thought these should equate to cua4 & cua5 but these are not shown in
Modemtool & linking using # ln -s /dev/cua4 /dev/modem (etc) does not seem
to work either.

I know that Racal is not the most popular TA around and I don't wish to get
new hardware or go back to normal modem if I can help it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Meyrick