>program does not freeze.  However, I still have the same problem with
>using any of the TCP/IP stuff.  None of them work.  I run ping, and it
>just hangs.  Same with Netscape and telnet.  I have switched around
>everything I can thing of in netconf.  This time it must be something in
>my configuration.
>       What should I do?  I could give you my entire configuration
>again, but

I have sort of the same problem... but for me if I irc, ftp or telnet the
connection
will hold for about 45 min. But I can't start Netscape or any other browser,
it will hang
pppd if I do. I have tried everything, I have a friend with the same
hardware and ISP as
me and I have tried his ppp scripts and it still doesn't work. The only
difference is that
he uses Debian and not Red Hat 5.1 as I do.

I have a Zyxel Omni.Net ISDN modem, but that shouldn't make any difference.

I have asked for help everywhere but no one really knows what it's all
about.

The Zyxel modem works great under windows and that is annoying...

Any help is appreciated...

//Micke