Every time I run minicom and type ATDT xxx-xxxx and login and all that
my ISP says
PPP started for (dynamic.ip.goes.here)... then if I wait for a while it
just goes {!{!{ and disconnects me.

I received a tip that right when I login and PPP start for
(dynamic.ip.goes.here) shows up I need to hit CTRL+A, Q, then Yes...Then
I type pppd defaultroute /dev/modem (/dev/modem is linking to /dev/cua3,
which is correct).  pppd doesnt echo anything, but remains running
fine...after a few seconds I hear my modem click, and I'm offline.  I
cannot figure out how to hold onto my connection, could anyone help!?