At 11:01 28-06-98 +1000, Justin Hammond enriched our cultural heritage with
the following Masterpiece:

I'd suggest you get in touch with people on a newsgroup called
de.alt.comm.isdn4linux. It is a german group but they do speak english
there. I am following it a bit, since someday I will take the enterprise to
get my Teles ISDN card to work in Linux also (but not until I have more
knowledge of Linux itself). The people in that newsgroup are very
knowledgeable.

Paul

|Hi,
|Is the ISDN modem a external Box that connects to a serial port? if you go
|into minicom does it respond to at commands?
|if the answer to these questions are true, then there should be no problems,
|apart from the com port you use. it wouldn't be cua4 or cua5 but just the
|cua# that the modem is attached to on the PC.
|
|If the modem requires drivers, or is a Card that you install in the machine,
|then there could be a problem. ISDN for Linux is only in a very  early stage
|at the moment, and Linux doesn't support Capi, which is the ISDN version of
|TAPI.
|If you modem requires device drivers to get it going, check with the people
|that make the modem, and see if they have drivers for linux. from what you
|describe about the modem using cua4 and cua5, I'm guessing this is the case.
|
|Regards
|Justin Hammond

NEVER show a mechanical thing you're in a hurry!

<[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]< o >< o >< o >< o >< o >< o >< o
http://www.plex.nl/~r2d2 - ICQ 147208
Texan country singer Paul Mateki
More at http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Opry/1585/