I use Red Hat 5.0, minicom 1.78. I can dial up and log onto my ISP just fine. But I
have to type ppp to initialize pppd on ISP remote server. Then I saw the garbage
coming up.

Going out without resetting modem, I tried to issue command like: pppd -d -detach
/dec/modem 115200. Then nothing happened. Using ifconfig does see any ppp0 local
and remote address.

Please let me know your experience with minicom in dialing up to your ISP.

Thank you.

Simon Gao