From: regext [mailto:regext-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Gould, James
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 7:36 AM
To: Antoin Verschuren <i...@antoin.nl>; regext <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] Working Session @ IETF 98

Antoin,

I’m willing to help facilitate or participate in the reseller drafts
(draft-ietf-regext-reseller and draft-ietf-regext-reseller-ext) sub-group;
although the draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees sub-group is a high priority for me.
You may be able to split it based on EPP based sub-groups and RDAP based
sub-groups.

For the draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees sub-group, I particularly would like to
discuss the policies around the handling of premium domain names.  The specific
policies that I would like to discuss include:

1. Should a create fail if the client does not pass a fee that is greater than
or equal to the premium domain name fee?

2. Should a premium domain name be returned as unavailable in the check if the
fee extension is not passed, since the create would most likely fail later in
the purchase flow?

3. Should we have text in the draft with guidance around these and other
policies?

—

JG

James Gould

Distinguished Engineer

jgo...@verisign.com<mailto:jgo...@verisign.com>

703-948-3271

12061 Bluemont Way

Reston, VA 20190

VerisignInc.com <http://verisigninc.com/>

On 3/3/17, 5:23 AM, "regext on behalf of Antoin Verschuren"
<regext-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of
i...@antoin.nl<mailto:regext-boun...@ietf.org%20on%20behalf%20of%20i...@antoin.nl>>
 wrote:

    Dear WG,

    Important questions below.

    As you may have seen, we have requested 2 meeting slots in Chicago.

    The first slot will be an experimental working session.

    It will be similar to this experiment:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/iesg/wiki/MeetingExperiments

    For this experiment to succeed, it will be vital that the participants have
prepared.

    It will not be a session to sit in the back of the room reading email.

    This means:

    -You must have read and have an opinion or questions about at least one of
the documents discussed here.

    -Prepare your questions or text and choose a subgroup from the listing
below beforehand.

    The setup of this session will be as followed:

    -We will have a short introduction with a sum-up of the sub-groups and
documents that will be discussed.

    -We may split up the group in sub-groups, and ask participants to close
laptops and join a sub-group of their choice.

    -We have asked for a room setup where each sub-group will have at least a
table to sit around.

    -We ask each sub-group to appoint a "facilitator” that will lead the
discussion and summarize the results of the discussion afterwards.

    -If there are remote participants for your sub-group, we may ask on-site
participants to assist in Skype or similar conferencing tools.

    -We expect a small presentation by the facilitator with the results of the
sub-group discusion in the regular session later in the week.

    -You will have an opportunity in the regular session to ask questions to
the whole working group if necessary.

    So far we have the following documents for this session:

    Facilitator:       Document:

    Scott                 draft-hollenbeck-regext-rdap-openid

    Scott                 draft-hollenbeck-regext-rdap-object-tag

    Scott                 draft-fregly-regext-rdap-search-regex

    Roger                                draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-01

    We are considering, but didn’t get confirmation from one of these authors
yet:

    Facilitator:       Document:

    Jacques?
draft-ietf-regext-dnsoperator-to-rrr-protocol-02

    Linlin/James? draft-ietf-regext-reseller-ext-01

    Please let us know if you want to work on these documents during the
working session.

    Perhaps people other than the authors may have an interest to discuss.

    Not all documents will have the same interest or expertise.

    Questions we have for the WG now:

    -Do you think we should treat the documents in parallel or serial ?

    We want to give enough time to each document to discuss and do actual work
like writing text.

    Since Scott is leading 3 document discussions, it will be hard to treat
them in parallel, but how about the others?

    -If you are a remote participant and want to join one of the discussions,
please identify yourself on the mailinglist so on-site participants that will
join the same sub-discussion can offer to assist in remote participation when
we decide to treat them in parallel. It will also allow for the facilitator to
get a sense of interest and prepare discussions.

    The preliminary agenda and call for agenda items for our regular meeting
session will follow later today.

    Regards,

    Antoin and Jim.

    - --