From: regext [mailto:regext-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Corte
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:03 AM
To: regext@ietf.org
Cc: supp...@tango-rs.com
Subject: Re: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt

Hello,

On 2017-06-24 17:50, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:

> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions of the
> IETF.
>
>         Title           : Registry Fee Extension for the Extensible
> Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
>         Authors         : Roger Carney
>                           Gavin Brown
>                           Jothan Frakes
>       Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-05.txt

Thanks for this new version.

I noticed one minor issue (carried over from previous versions) that should be
corrected. Section 5.1.1 says

   If "avail" is false then the <fee:cd>
   element MUST contain a <fee:reason> element (as described in
   Section 3.9) and the server MAY eliminate some or all of the
   <fee:command> element(s).

However, eliminating *all* of the <fee:command> elements isn't allowed by the
schema since the "command" element must appear at least once in
"objectCDType":

    <complexType name="objectCDType">
      <sequence>
        <element name="objID" type="fee:objectIdentifierType" />
        <element name="command" type="fee:commandType"
          maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        <element name="reason" type="fee:reasonType" minOccurs="0" />
      </sequence>
      <attribute name="avail" type="boolean" default="1" />
    </complexType>

The "command" element should therefore be defined using minOccurs="0".
Otherwise, a server is forced to include an (empty) dummy command element to
satisfy the schema.

Note that the seemingly obvious change (use an XSD <choice> between <command>
and <reason>) won't work since there may be situations in which commands are
present (all unavailable with reason, such as "wrong
period") and the overall availability is false.

Best regards,

Thomas Corte

--
TANGO REGISTRY SERVICES® is a product of:
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH