Hi Marc and Andy,

I would like to propose another possible transition model.
The model is based on the use of the rdapConformance array values and ad-hoc
parameters in the query string.

Each RDAP server can work at ant time according to only one of the following
two configurations:

1) This configuration is identified by the tag “rdap_level_0” value in the
rdapConformance array. The server returns the vcardArray element by default or
the jscard element (jscard is the name defined in the jscontact draft to
identify the new contact card) when the query string contains the parameter
jscard=1

When the jscard element is returned the server must insert the value
“jscard_level_0” in the rdapConformance array.

2) This configuration is identified by the tag “rdap_level_1” value in the
rdapConformance array. The server returns the jscard element by default or the
vcardArray element when the query string contains the parameter jcard=1.

When the vcardArray element is returned the server must insert the value
“vcardArray_level_0” in the rdapConformance array.

The configuration 1) is the current one, the configuration 2) is the one
working after the transition.

In my opinion, this transition model should have the following benefits:

1) At ant time and for any request, only one contact representation is provided
by the server in the response.

2) The clients transitions from jcard to jscard don’t depend on server
transition.

3) At any moment, the response would be compliant with RFC7483

Best,
mario

Inviato da iPhone