Andy,

I recommend covering the use of query parameters in RDAP in the
draft-newton-regext-rdap-extensions, since it's unclear and deserves discussion
on the mailing list.  I personally don' t see how the use of query parameters
would not be compatible in RDAP, since RDAP is simply a REST interface.  Query
parameters provide options in a REST request, so I don't see how RDAP is so
unique to disallow the use of query parameters.  The net of what you have
stated is that query parameters can be used for RDAP search but not for RDAP
lookup based on implementation of the existing redirection services that are
only used for RDAP lookup.  I believe a redirection service should not filter
any query parameters and I'm not aware of any language in RFCs that would
support redirection services filtering the query parameters.  If there is an
issue with the use of query parameters in RDAP, then it should apply to both
RDAP search and lookup.  If query parameters cannot be used in RDAP, then we'll
need to address the use of query parameters in RFC 9082 for RDAP search.

Thanks,

--

JG

James Gould
Fellow Engineer
jgo...@verisign.com
<applewebdata://13890C55-AAE8-4BF3-A6CE-B4BA42740803/jgo...@verisign.com>

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

Verisign.com <http://verisigninc.com/>

On 11/14/23, 8:39 AM, "regext on behalf of Andrew Newton"
<regext-boun...@ietf.org <mailto:regext-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
a...@hxr.us <mailto:a...@hxr.us>> wrote:

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 2:53 AM Mario Loffredo
<mario.loffr...@iit.cnr.it <mailto:mario.loffr...@iit.cnr.it>> wrote:

> > The technical problems with the signaling have been discussed at
> > length on this mailing list. A better and more generic solution has
> > been proposed in the rdap-x-media-type draft. We never really
> > discussed signaling during the session because the discussion was
> > focused on the data model. The signaling proposed in rdap-jscontact
> > section 3 cannot go forward as either standards track or experimental
> > as it is incompatible with the current ecosystem.
>
> Why is it incompatible ?

As first discussed, with you, on this mailing list:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1uik0O2A0ZyoCqZ1NIt0c-S9hgaE_F_m2FQN7WRHgfnMtlek6GLcVapV1tXoeyfqe5aBVuA9RO2oBQhXsv36VSgJXu-HceG-aZ11QFi7MkWRhTNrzesZOuvx4eXSB-KCtop2f9wgcZYO9vFSTonOoT-CdqOr8kKWCusCsiPogH9nG2f6xrTM4-xnQEBbWGFbujEHJsTjKxEAJNhKV066A18m_MmWNDST_o2tbtYZ2784AOWXVSDYifHa1nIBMHsspMJ2igP3mwLq5aPm4bmVyk79-BXWD1sVzM5ODd2PdH_o/https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchive.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fregext%2Fk31GiGnrB4_Xu8c1pvatoT0oP9k%2F

<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1uik0O2A0ZyoCqZ1NIt0c-S9hgaE_F_m2FQN7WRHgfnMtlek6GLcVapV1tXoeyfqe5aBVuA9RO2oBQhXsv36VSgJXu-HceG-aZ11QFi7MkWRhTNrzesZOuvx4eXSB-KCtop2f9wgcZYO9vFSTonOoT-CdqOr8kKWCusCsiPogH9nG2f6xrTM4-xnQEBbWGFbujEHJsTjKxEAJNhKV066A18m_MmWNDST_o2tbtYZ2784AOWXVSDYifHa1nIBMHsspMJ2igP3mwLq5aPm4bmVyk79-BXWD1sVzM5ODd2PdH_o/https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchive.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fregext%2Fk31GiGnrB4_Xu8c1pvatoT0oP9k%2F>

-andy

<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1fbDPnjn7nAVauoqaiCDdPZkmdD8nr1-LmYRs6gGkbnWoroRSmUI6Kb_ZY5kjBHJywxCCpNvZtXXI7XWndtnJ7D9pcz-bG4P02bWEpNpYS7AW94H4Gwu-7Z0rrXsCcE-8YWE2-wtGvGY5th1ugKW1UcD01ST3LiIUhX-moNTwNGCpZNAgXY-g0OX4iQ08qaGmAvc1ibvLAIxtsWppvC6FaKyoPSsa2uaT5MN3gwINGkR03kEEEbwXQDiaDbA1DORVZk3tfGqn19Vl7_3ZVm1sQUSLaiw2YPOQ8rP8tRwu_xo/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fregext>