Hi all,

With my RDAP client implementer hat on, I've been ruminating about how the
users of my client(s)[1] use them, and some anecdata suggests that in general,
consumers of registration data - in the domain space at least - are often
equally if not more interested in the RDAP record of the sponsoring registrar
than of the registry.

Currently, the only way for me to satisfy this user need is to get the RDAP
record from the registry, parse it to find the "related" link, and then requery
for that.

This draft outlines a possible approach to improving the performance of this
use case, by putting relevant links into the header of the response. The client
can then use the HEAD method, saving bandwidth and compute resources on both
sides, and offering a better experience for the user.

Feedback is welcome!

G.