Hans Reiser wrote:

>Jim Ford wrote:
>
>>I have a Magneto Optical disk. Are there any advantages or gotchers in
>>creating a reiserfs on removable media, please?
>>
>>Regards: Jim Ford
>>
>I think that mount time is faster for reiserfs than other FS's, other than that
>I don't know of any interesting considerations.

I assume your MO drive is SCSI.  Test it before relying on it as various
fileystems have had troubles on those with the 2.4 kernels.  MO drives
tend to have ridiculously large sectors which don't play well with
various drivers.  I don't know if Reiserfs is this way.

--
 "One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's