On Monday, 16. July 2001 14:56, Nikita Danilov wrote:
> Marc Dietrich writes:
>  > Am Montag, 16. Juli 2001 13:10 schrieb Nikita Danilov:
>  > > Marc Dietrich writes:
>  > >  > Hi,
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I have a problem deleting files witch contain 'special' characters:
>  > >  > ok - the whole story:
>  > >  >   - I want to migrade a NT server to Samba with ReiserFS :)
>  > >  >   - I mounted the ntfs partition _without_ using a special codepage
>  > >  >   - thus, linux created files containing "umlaute äöü..." to some
>  > >  > special characters, witch looks like boxes.
>  > >  >   - later I recogniced my fault an mounted the ntfs partition with
>  > >  > codepage iso8859-15.
>  > >  >   - now all "umlaut"-files where created right.
>  > >  >   - problem is now, that I can't delete the old files with the
>  > >  > special characters. ReiserFS don't print them out via 'ls' nor I
>  > >  > can't delete a directory containing these files.
>  > >  >   - I made a reiserfsck -xo --rebuild-tree, but this didn't help
>  > >
>  > > You mean you have copied files from NTFS to reiserfs?
>  >
>  > Yes.
>
> Correct me if I get a sequence of your actions wrong:
>
> 1. mount reiserfs at /reiserfs
> 2. mount nfts without codepage parameter at /ntfs
> 3. cp /ntfs/something /reiserfs/something.1
> 4. umount /ntfs ; mount /ntfs with codepage parameter
> 5. cp /ntfs/something /reiserfs/something.2

Right.
4. umount /ntfs ; mount -oiocharset=iso8859-15 /ntfs

> now you don't see /reiserfs/something.1 correctly and kernel wasn't
> changed (patched, recompiled and rebooted) between 2 and 5?

Right. This steps were done with kernel-2.4.4-28 from SuSE.

>  > > Haven't you applied recent Jeff Mahoney's patches?
>  >
>  > Do you mean the preserve patch (probably not) or the
>  > file attribut patch ?
>
> I mean "hash-signness" fix posted recently posted by Jeff to the list.

Mmmh. My machine is a little endian i586. NT server was also ... As said in
the posting, this patch has no effect on little endian machines, am I right?
Anyway, I believe the 2.4.4 kernel wasn't patched and the new one is allready
patched by Mr. Mantel.

>  > Meanwhile I updated to kernel 2.4.6-pre7 from SuSE (Mantel).
>  > Problem still exists. Patching this kernel with the file attribut patch
>  > is hard...
>
> What are the problems? Rejects?

Yep. It has 3 fails in inode.c (Hunk #1,#2 and #4).

Here is an output of ls and move. The directory is "mostly" empty.

# ls -bq
ls: D\201nn.OPJ: No such file or directory
ls: mesd\201nn1.asc: No such file or directory
ls: KondD\201nn.asc: No such file or directory
.  ..

# mv "D?nn.OPJ" test
mv: cannot stat `D\201nn.OPJ': No such file or directory

Greetings Marc