Hello,

> some days ago I posted a question concerning quotas > 4GB on reiserfs. I
> found that almost everyone uses the newer releases of the quota utilities (those
> from sourceforge), while I still have an old 1.70 (patched for reiserfs)
> doing its work here.
>
> Might the problem (quotas limited to 4 GB) be caused by these old quota
> utilities? So should I "upgrade" to the newer ones from sourceforge? Once again,
> my problem is that if I set the quota to 5000000 (in edquota), I get abou
> 800000, that's something like
> -quotasize = 4GB - 5000000
>
> Did anyone else experience this? I just don't want to do the update on the
> server (the 1.70 is working in most cases) if I am not sure that THIS is the
> problem. If there is anybody using the 1.70 quota-package on reiserfs, too -
> could you please try to set a high quota (>4GB) and report if it works?
  edquota in 1.70 version of utils has the bug that it doesn't allow admin
to set limit larger that 4GB (at one place the number was converted
to bytes and back to quota blocks with obvious results). BTW: you can try
to use setquota tu set the limit. I'm not sure whether it will work better
but it might be the case...
  I think it should be save to upgrade to newer utils for you. Some people
are already running them on their servers... And anyway if you don't like
the new utils you can always go back to 1.70.

                                                                Honza