Am Montag, 17. Dezember 2001 04:14 schrieb Chris Mason:
> On Monday, December 17, 2001 01:52:23 AM +0100 Dieter Nützel
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> [cursing] I think its almost the same bug we found on friday in the P
> >> patch (not in the kernel yet) where 3.6.x filesystems are missing some
> >> intialization on remounts from ro to rw.
> >>
> >> Marcelo, you're bcc'd to let you know progress has been made, and to
> >> keep replies out of your inbox until we've all agreed this is the right
> >> fix.
> >>
> >> Patch attached, it sets the CONVERT bit and the hash function code when
> >> mounting readonly.
> >
> > Chris,
> >
> > do you think I can't see the bug 'cause I am running with the "new" P
> > patch? Any hints how I can do some tests with the P patch , here?
>
> Correct, the P patch also fixes the biggest of the problems.  I think we
> should also set the hash, but that is probably up for debate.
>
> Testing the unlink-truncate code that completes unlinks and truncates after
> a crash would be good.
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=foo bs=1MB count=3000 # or some other big number
> truncate.pl foo 40 # silly perl script attached
> # wait 5 secs, hit reset
>
> Also, dbench with 20 or more procs will hit on the unlink code, wait for
> the plus signs to start showing up to indicate processes are finishing, hit
> reset.
>
> The bug is when we are remounting from ro to rw, so if you are doing this
> on a test drive, mount readonly first, then use mount -o rw,remount

Will try the above tomorrow, but I have something around for a quick response.
My father worked on the wires in our house (he have an electronic engineer
education so you didn't be worried :-) and an older cable reinduced a
bypass...
...so I had a "real world test scenario"...:-)))

Here comes what I got in dmesg:

Linux version 2.4.17-pre5-preempt (root@SunWave1) (gcc version 2.95.3
20010315 (SuSE)) #1 Fre Dez 7 20:39:06 CET 2001
[-]
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:03) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 208k freed
Adding Swap: 1028120k swap-space (priority -1)
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:02) ...
reiserfs: replayed 6 transactions in 1 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:05) ...
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:06) ...
reiserfs: replayed 1 transactions in 1 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
Removing [511 2732 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2729 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2728 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2724 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2723 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2722 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2717 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2716 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2700 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 2295 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 1287 0x0 SD]..<4>done
Removing [511 1241 0x0 SD]..<4>done
There were 12 uncompleted unlinks/truncates. Completed
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:07) ...
reiserfs: replayed 12 transactions in 1 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:08) ...
reiserfs: replayed 2 transactions in 1 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:11) ...
reiserfs: replayed 2 transactions in 4 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:15) ...
reiserfs: replayed 2 transactions in 4 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:16) ...
reiserfs: replayed 1 transactions in 4 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:17) ...
reiserfs: replayed 1 transactions in 5 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25
reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 08:18) ...
reiserfs: replayed 1 transactions in 4 seconds
Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS version 3.6.25

Looks good, to me.

-Dieter