On środa 12 czerwiec 2002 05:51 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just being curious: is reiserfs anywhen going to use the jbd layer that was
> introduced with the ext3 kernel merge ?

I don't think that reiserfs journalling semantics are simple enough to be
replicated by a journalled block device... that's my guess, I'm just a user,
not a developer.

Alas... well, maybe I'm wrong. If instead of opening and closing transactions
in reiserfs journal it would be calling jfs transaction boundaries, maybe
it's the same. Does reiserfs do any more magic in its journalling than simpky
journal metadata block-writing?

If it would be able to use jbd layer, then I assume some of the journal code
could be put away (ie: dumped), at least in linux kernel tree (is there
reiserfs for other platforms at all?).

Cheers, Kuba Ober