first of all, hi, it is my first message

from faq
--
du says ReiserFS makes space efficiency worse.
Use df not du, or use "raw" option for du if your du supports that. st_blocks summed up is less accurate than st_size for ReiserFS because we pack tails, and st_blocks rounds numbers up.

anyway, i had updated reiserfsprogs to version 3.6.4, findutils to 4.1,
and i have this output

df -h
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
478M 366M 113M 77% /
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6
14G 1.8G 12G 13% /usr
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part7
4.5G 80M 4.4G 2% /home
---
(on /) du -hsx
102M .

---
(always on /) du -hsx *
632k System.map
4.5M bin
4.7M boot
512 cdrom
32k chroot
4.5k coda
0 dev
2.5M etc
54M home
4.5k install
28M lib
1.5k mnt
du: `proc/11129/fd/3': No such file or directory
0 proc
39M root
3.7M sbin
0 spider
32k tmp
1.9G usr
20M var
285k vice
512 vicepa
---

i have also in proc kcore that is 202M, but i thnk that it is stored on ram
so, i have 260M of space that is null.

i also need to keep the server up, so i can't reboot with a read only fs and make reiserfsck on the partition

any suggestion?

bye
Daniele