Hey guys,

Can someone clarify this please?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ogfs-dev]Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Re: GFS with MD/LVM (Was: Using RAID1 SCSI disks with heartbeat)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:01:14 -0700
From: Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: Greg Freemyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, OpenGFS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:50:45PM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
>
>>I think EVMS has (or will have soon) r/w snapshots.
>>

>>>WIth r/w snapshots, the process can be: snapshot, clean, mount.  I think that
>>>could be done
>>>with no FS support.
>>
>>The FS support is still preferred because the integrity of the volume is
>>still better (nothing held in cache).  Some filesystems can still process
>>journals on readonly filesystems.  IIRC, ReiserFS does that.
>

> I don't think so. Reiserfs had to be patched to work with lvm snapshots
> as well.

Originally it needed patches, but I was under the impression that those
patches were now in the base code.

--
     Alan Robertson

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship....  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce