Hello!

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 04:56:55PM +0400, Hans Reiser wrote:

> >>rephrase that as, use 3.6.11, if it still fails, tell us, the segfault
> >>will at least be fixed regardless of whether fsck has enough data to do
> >>its job.
> >But it was not failing on the IDE drive anyway.
> I don't understand the relevance of your statement to mine.

Since after transferring image to IDE made reiserfsck to not fail (and it failed on
raid5 due to raid errors,
I think), your "if it still fails" statement was not adequate.
Current problem is that not everything is restored and some important files were lost.
Now, I know that recently we introduced some serious changes in reiserfsck and now
if the block have some slight corruption, it is not immediately discarded, but fsck
actually
tries to extract some useful data out of it if it think this is really reiserfs
metadata block.
That's why newer reiserfsck might achieve better results.

Bye,
    Oleg