Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:

I've been looking at the reiser4 source code for a few days, and I can't find any non-essential plugins.

This is called the minimal functionality for first release project management style. ;-)

For example: You say on the website that you've written several security plugins for DARPA,

oh dear, if you send nikita (offlist) the lines he'll correct them.

but the only files in fs/reiser4/plugin/security/ are acl.c and perm.{c,h}, and acl.c is empty.
On the website you also suggest writing a plugin so /etc/passwd can be split in to individually-permissioned sub-files. Is that plugin written yet, or is it just an idea?

Umh, it is in our contract, so that makes it more than an idea;-), however the person working on file inheritance got put on encryption and hasn't finished that yet. There exists some code somewhere that I need to review and....

I'd like to write a few plugins to move mp3s' and oggs' meta-data into the filesystem, and it'd be a lot easier if there were an example to copy from. (Would it be better just to move that kind of plugin into a userspace callback?)

Thanks,
Jeffrey

I agree that we need examples..... and more plugins.....;-)

--
Hans