On 2003-09-03T02:17:50,
   Hans Reiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> No, isolation is not yet implemented and won't be unless we come up with
> some more funding from somewhere.  The txnmgr seems to be structured to
> handle isolation, but....

Ah, okay. Sorry, I think I had older plans in mind and hadn't checked
how far the current roadmap matched up to them ;-)

> The new thing with reiser4 is that if you do that write of 1MB to a
> file, and perhaps updates to 63 other files as well, as part of an atom,
> it will either all survive a crash, or none of it will.  We have
> considered using the term "transcrash" for this.

So it's ACD and not ACID ;-) Sounds good. How is this weak transaction
exported to userspace, ie how do I signal BEGIN and COMMIT/ABORT?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
High Availability & Clustering          ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SuSE Labs                               try again. fail again. fail better.