On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Oleg Drokin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 04:38:01AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > > It is because of paranoid -Werror flag.
> > > ./configure --disable-werror will help you.
> > > However, if your system will have readline (as on systems which are used by
> > > reiser4progs developers :-) headers that warning disappear.

> > my system definitely has readline installed, and i get the same error.
>
> On the other hand, you need not only readline itself, but also its
> header files. Lots of distributions (e.g. redhat-alike) form another
> package called (usuaully) readline-devel, that contains this necessary
> stuff.

i *have* the readline-devel RPM installed (this is a red hat beta system
that had an *everything* install, so it's unlikely it's missing anything.)

in addition, i tried the "./configure --disable-werror" suggestion and,
while the configure worked, the make produced the same error as before.

still open to suggestions.

rday