Nikita Danilov wrote:

The Amazing Dragon (Elliott Mitchell) writes:
> > From: "Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Actually, there are no a way. You need to backup and re-write it > > your data.
> > Something like dump?

Cf. "Universal file system convertor":
http://tzukanov.narod.ru/convertfs/

no warranty, especially given that loop-back support required for
convertfs was added into reiser4 only recently.

Hi,

We plan to support in our distro ReiserFS 3.x and 4.0 at the same time.

About to port OLD data to ReiserFS 4, a simple 'tar cvfz' will be usefull to backup and replace.

I don't think, this tool

http://tzukanov.narod.ru/convertfs/

support reiserFS 4.0, because it is dated March 2002.

If someone knows some other link, for this tool I can take a look.

   Seems that Debian is working on. In any case we will do our tests and make
   our decisions.

   My idea when i comment to Hans, was based on the fact that RedHat haves these tools
   for EXT2 to EXT3 and viceversa.

Thanks,
Giovanni

Nikita.