Jared Warren wrote:
(Please excuse me if this has already been answered, I couldn't find anything pertinent in a brief archive search.)

I would like to use ReiserFS on my / filesystem, which includes bin, etc, lib, sbin, and root. Right now the files on that partition only take up 40 MB, so it seems like a 32 MB journal is overkill. Some comments I've read recommend using ext3 on small file systems because supposedly the journal is proportional (I have been unable to find out what proportion), however I

It should be less than 5MB (I think ext3's mkfs will scale down to 1 or 2MB depending on size).