On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:44:59AM +0200, Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando wrote:

>Meucci open the file for copyright before Bell, but seems it is
>necessary to renew each year.

Copyrights are not filed, patents are.

Are you sure you're not mistaken in words here?

>Therefore, he don't renew.

How stupid of him.

>The word "inventor" in the US, means generally "rich". This have another
>sense outside America, or
>for immigrant people.

I have never heard of a rich inventor, except the chance to get money
by producing the invention.

>>"Tekijänoikeus suojaa teoksen kirjallista tai muuta asua, ei asiasisältöä."
>>Copyright protects the literary or other presentation of a work, not the
>>factual content.
>This is bad. The code or documentation explains the ideas, and must be
>copyright in the same mode are the ideas itself.

The idea is not copyrighted or patented or protected in any way, but the
code is. There is a difference there.
Of course the idea can be patented in some degenerate country like the US
and it seems the EU is making the same mistake, but technically the idea
can not be protected. And should not be.

>Yes. Actually today it is also possible to configure the kernel
>graphically, but my idea is better.
>I need time that I have no actually.

I know how you're feeling.

I have also many projects for which I haven't had time, so I've given
them away to see if anyone else would do it and I would help and give
ideas. All in freedom and free software.

Maybe you should talk to the KDE guys about your idea that they would
implement it more like you would, both of you would win.

>If you comment to KDE people something that does not exist, and after
>your comment exist something similar
>you need simply do a small sum: 2+2.
>Be stoled by someone that re-offer it under GPL your idea, cause some
>bad humor.

You gave it to them, whose fault is that?

>>Respect should come from respecting someone else.
>In 1987 or so, Chinese and people for Taiwan and Japan go around the
>world and comment:
>"We will copy your product and do it better". Today, Taiwan and Japan is
>probably the best
>place for electronic components worldwide.

Sure. And we let them do it, whose fault is that?

>Different companies here in Italy, about manufacturing suffering some
>fraud from Chinese companies
>that re-produce the hardware for car testing and stole the clients. Do

Fraud?

If they do it better, where's the fraud?
I mean, what's stopping Italy from doing it better than China?
Berlusconi? C'mon, you could still compete with China, it's not like the
world's biggest army is holding you in siege.

>will someone open a case on China
>for copyright contacting chinese attorneys?. Very complex and expensive.

I don't know how the car is patented, I'm sure it is, but still everyone
has the right to set up a car shop and build the things.

This is one of the points of free trade. Everyone's equal and free,
so if someone pushes out better products, you respond by making an even
better product.

I fail to see the point in whining about something as glorious as this.

>I see the entire software industry going to disaster because some young
>boy release a similar program
>at no cost. No one may compete with free. In any this is a complex
>global problem.

Of course you can compete with free, fight free with free, make a better
free solution.

It's like a*x=a*y => x=y

>>I must confess I haven't seen Tron...
>You don't know Tron, because probably you are too young.
>Tron was made by Walt Disney (Buena ventura). It is dated 1982.

I know such a movie exists, but not much more. I'm also born in 1982 ;)

>Jeff Bridges, a young programmer in a small company was stoled by its
>game program. A friend of him write a program
>that inspect information, and also some time ... the owner of the
>company was fired because he claim to be the author
>of the game and Jeff Bridge then get the 'expected' money and respect.

Yeah, I should see it.

--
mjt