Spam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Secondly, do you expect file managers like Nautilus and Konqueror to
>    support  every piece of file format on the planet so they could read
>    information directly from the documents?

Sure.  You're proposing that we implement a single, golden multi-stream file
format in the kernel.

We could just as well do that in libmultistreamfileformat.so.

But I'll grant that one cannot go adding new metadata to, say, C files this
way.  I don't know how useful such a thing is though.

Remember that my main point is that there's a lack of coordination in
userspace.  Hell, there's none.  Putting it in-kernel forces that
coordination, and may be the way to go, but it's pretty sad.