Christophe Saout writes:
 > Am Freitag, den 27.08.2004, 01:45 +0400 schrieb Nikita Danilov:
 >
 > >  > At least in reiser4 they don't have, or at least you can't access them.
 > >
 > > They do.
 > >
 > >  > ln -s foo bar; cd bar/metas shows me the content of foo/metas.
 > >
 > > That's because lookup for "bar" performs symlink resolution.
 >
 > So I can't access them and it is pointless. ;-)
 >
 > BTW, I can do a cd metas/metas/metas/metas/plugin/metas... I don't think
 > this makes sense. :)

Why? foo/metas is a file system object just like foo. It has owner,
permission bits, so access to its meta-data should be provided, and
uniform way to provide access to the file system object meta-data is to
have these little magic files inside metas directory, which is a file
system object just like metas. It has [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@*** - Lisp
stack
overflow. RESET

Nikita.