> Salut,

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:43:02AM +0200, Spam wrote:
>>   Yes why not? If there was any filesystem drivers for the AudioCD
>>   format then it could.
>>
>>   I had such a driver for Windows 9x which would display several
>>   folders and files for inserted AudioCD's:
>>
>>   D: (cdrom)
>>     Stereo
>>       22050
>>         Track01.wav
>>         Track02.wav
>>       44100
>>         Track01.wav
>>     Mono
>>       22050
>>         Track01.wav
>>       44100
>>         Track01.wav

> So you'd like the kernel to know  about raw CD PCM and RIFF PCM format
> and conversion? Great.. That's really Solarisish!

  If it could be done in userland, and still be accessible for most
  applications then that is great.

  If the user things that such a plugin is of value for him then I do
  not see why he should not be able to use it? Again these are example
  of stuff that could be done if there was a plugin/extensible
  interface.

  You make it sound like everything on the planet should be predefined
  and included in the kernel. This is not what I was saying or wanted.

  From what I understood from Hans, there will be a way to load
  plugins without having to recompile reiser4 module (or the kernel).
  This is what I'd like to see.

  Some things/plugins may even be partially user-space.

  ~S