I have some "wierd" files and I thought it may be from a long string of system crashes (due to nvidia/xorg-x11 issues).

enigma root # ls -ld .
drwx------  13 root root 776 Sep 27 16:45 .
enigma root # ls -ld ./README
ls: ./README: Permission denied
enigma root # ls -l ./README
ls: ./README: Permission denied
enigma root # ls -l
ls: README: Permission denied
ls: xorg.conf.new: Permission denied
total 533
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 541206 Sep 27 16:42 openvpn-2.0_beta11.tar.gz
enigma root #

It seems whatever existed in thid directory at the time of the crash has gone over to the dark side.

I looked at reiserfsck, but it needs this file system to be be unmounted. This is a remote RAID-1 server, so not much luck there.

What's the recommended approach to recover/delete these? I'm running the 2.6.8-r3 Gentoo kernel.

--Kurt