Hi all, I've encountered following problem:
on one of my servers, kernel started to log this messages:

Dec 19 04:02:13 server kernel: vs-3050: wait_buffer_until_released:
nobody releases buffer (dev 21:01, size 4096, blocknr 38174720, count 3,
list 0, state 0x10019, page c156b250, (UPTODATE,CLEAN, UNLOCKED)). Still
waiting (810000000)  JDIRTY !JWAIT

every 3 seconds. Device is IDE disk, used only for backups, so it should
not be loaded much. I've observed, that it somehow happened, that
backups were running twice, but both tar processes were stuck with D
status (and thus unkillable). Because I was not able to cleanly umount
this partition, I had to reset machine. Reiserfsck found fixable errors,
log of running with --fix-fixable:

Zero bit found in on-disk bitmap after the last valid bit. Fixed.
vpf-10630: The on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs. Will be fixed
later.

There was no problem since that, but still I'm afraid it could occur
again. Does anyone know, what could have caused this? Is it possible,
that concurrent tar processes accessing same archive could have caused
it? I doubt it, but if it is the case, it could be quite serious
problem.
System is based on RH7.1, kernel (almost) vanilla 2.4.27 (it has some
patches applied, but none should affect VFS layer, or reiser (mostly
netfilter patches, security fixes,..))

I can provide more info, if needed. Thanks much in advance.

Nikola Ciprich