Louis Erickson wrote:

Wow, thanks for the fast responses, everyone. I'll try and consolidate them all in to one reply, in the order I got them here.

Silly me forgot to start ssh on the afflicted box, so I can't get to it until I get home. I do have another near-identical machine that I've checked versions and such on, and can use to build tools if need be.